The kettlebell windmill is one of my all time favorite exercises. It fuses together my love for yoga and strength training in one beautiful exercise.
(photo credit Jess McDougallCreative)
Unfortunately, the more popular that the kettlebell has become, the more butchered (this exercise in particular) gets.
I love me some Women’s Health, but this is definitely not proper windmill technique.
Instead of telling you what not to do,below I have regressed the kettlebell windmill so that people of ALL LEVELS can reap the benefits of the windmill in this 1/2 kneeling variation!
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Favorite Fitness Reads
1.How Many Calories Should A Woman Eat For Fat Loss? -Mike Vacanti (ladies this is a MUST read)
2. Why Healthy Habits Don’t Work– Bryan Krahn
3. Dropping A Weight Class– Gabby Hoffman
4. 30 Unhealthy Foods You Mistake As Healthy and Their Surprising Swaps– Holistic Living
5. Female Fitness Marketing: Why Performance Matters – Tony Gentilcore
6. Scientists Have Figured Out A Simple Way To Cook Rice That Dramatically Cuts the Calories– Roberto Ferdman
Also a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to Annie and Bill on the birth of their beautiful daughter Reilly!