This is the 1st post in a series of 4 about how to build a better booty. Today I’m talking about your squat setup.
Stability in the core comes from coordinating the pelvic floor with breathing. Your ribcage must expand 360 degrees for your abs to work OPTIMALLY to support your body.
- When we inhale, the diaphragm contracts DOWN and the pelvic floor descends + lengthens.
- When we exhale, the diaphragm relaxes and the pelvic floor ascends + contracts.
BREATHING IS THE FOUNDATION FOR GREAT MOVEMENT.
Take a look at this quick video demo to understand exactly what I’m talking about.
It takes less than 3 minutes to get started with this video and learn more about why breathing is important.
I have been a strength coach for 20 years and my absolute favorite aspect of training is teaching REAL WOMEN the WHY behind our exercise selection when we strength train.
This breathing shit takes practice, and you are going to get SO MUCH MORE out of your workouts when you can inhale all the way down and exhale empty from the bottom up 😉
Check out the other blog posts in this series to learn about how to build a better booty:
- Pillar #1: Breathing is the foundation
- Pillar #2: The stack is where it’s at
- Pillar #3: Rotation for integration
- Pillar #4: Let it go to help it grow
Let me know if you have any questions!