If you know me at all, you know I am all about the glutes. Developing strong glutes can prevent low back pain, knee pain and well…
This past week I shared some of my current favorite booty building variations that include Weighted Elevated Single Leg Hip Thrusts, Sumo Style Romanian Deadlifts as well as high repetition Back on Bench Barbell Hip Thrusts. Some of those are a mouthful, but seriously if you are looking to strengthen your backside give these a shot!
If you’re hungry for more, check out some more of my favorite non-traditional booty builders here!
If you are still wondering about my glute obsession, here is a bit of my backstory.
I was one of those people born with NO ASS to speak of. My lack of glutes ended up getting me into a lot of trouble seeing as I was an avid runner, lacrosse and soccer player. As a young female this a dangerous combination. I was so quad dominant and possessed zero body awareness that by my senior year of high school my orthopedic surgeon told me that I was well on my way to a double knee replacement.
This was the straw that broke the camels back AND the start of my journey into #smartstrength training, yoga and working tirelessly to understand the ins and outs of the human body.
MY FAVORITE READS OF THE WEEK:
- Female Fat Loss Hierarchy- Stacey Schaedler
- Want to be Successful? Assume All the Responsibility. All Of It. – Jill Coleman
- Workout Routines: 6 Tips for Adjusting to Exercising in the Morning- Eric Cressey (oldie but goodie)
- Patellofemoral Pain Part 1: Putting the Research into your Rehab – Dr. Quinn Henoch
- Average Genetics: You Don’t Know How Lucky You Are- Sohee Walsh
- Your Guide to Getting Fit as a Young Professional – Caroline Earle
- “Nothing Tastes As Good as Skinny Feels” Is Bullshit- Caitlin Jill Anders